Family Life

1.) I am grateful for my husband, Paul. This year will mark 10 years married, 12 years together. Our relationship is not perfect, neither of us is perfect within the relationship, no one is...no relationship is...as such, but we do what we can both as individuals, and as a couple.

Sometimes, I feel as though I do not deserve is love, and/or as though I do not do as much to contribute to the relationship. My thought is though, that that is because I am deferentially-able, and do need assistance in some areas. I do what I can, though; and deep down, despite my flaws and mistakes, I know that I am valuable and very, very lovable. He finds me sexy and attractive, as I do him, and for that, I am very, very grateful.

2.) I am grateful for our life together...the shows and movies we watch together, the card games we play together, the two kitteh cats we raise together. No kids, but that works best for us...and if others don't want to see us as often, or at all, because of that...well, that's on them; their prerogative. We're still a fun couple to hang out with.

3.) I am grateful to be a Packers' fan; that Paul's a Packers' fan. Yes, I am grateful that I married a Packers' fan...Though God probably knew that I wouldn't be able to have it any other way ;). It wasn't our season, but it made it all the more tolerable being able to have someone to share the pain with. And when the seasons have been great, it's been fun to share the glory, and to have Paul's arms to jump into. Their Super Bowl Victory, in the 2010 season...Paul's & my first Packers' Super Bowl together...was like nothing else.

4.) For date night. Last night, Paul and I did a Tex-Mex restaurant near us, followed by drinks at a nearby brewery. JalapeƱo flavored beer is something else.

5.) For having been able to take a nap with one of our kittehs today. Last night, though fun, took a lot out of me.

6.) I am grateful that I found my eye cream. A few days ago, I used my eye cream in the evening, and it was nowhere to be found the following morning. Well, today, while playing with kitteh-cat Mason, I found it downstairs, under the couch. I...well, both Paul and I...suspect that kitteh-cat Triana (my napping buddy) took it downstairs and started playing with it.

7.) I am grateful for my faith. It's been in the news a bit, as of late; and I may not agree with everything about it, but it gets me through. It sustains me. And I feel I have made my resolve with my discouragement of the issues swirling around it, via an online Catholic Women's group, for which I belong. Someone else was courageous enough to bring up her feelings. God, be with the victims.

8.) Finally, but not lastly, I am grateful to have 'Gratitude Gal' back. It's been awhile :).          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall

First Post

Today's Gratefuls