My Spirituality/Some Politics

Okay...So where I fit, faithfully and religiously...I was baptized and raised Catholic. I consider myself to be a devout and currently practicing Catholic. I attend Mass on a regular basis, occasionally pray the Rosary, and do weekly adoration.

HOWEVER, I do NOT agree with everything the Catholic Church stands for. A good example would be that of same-sexed beings and couples. I do believe God exists...we are not in this world alone...and I do not believe He makes mistakes. I do believe He would want all of His human creation to be happy and to live to the fullest. Why would He want us to be unhappy and alone?...He wouldn't. I think He would us to live to the fullest in EVERY sense of the word.

AND I do believe same-sexed couples can be great parents...some probably better than straight parents. There are probably some straight parents that shouldn't be parents at all.

Now, transgenderism is a bit harder for me to contemplate...because while I do believe He wants all of his human creation to be happy and to live to the fullest, as stated before, I do not believe He makes mistakes. Hence, if He wanted a female to be created female, He would do so, and so forth.

As for life issues, I believe in protecting the vulnerability of all...that goes for the poor, the marginalized, the disabled, the unemployed and any other groups of people that I have failed to mention...but I believe that those whom voices can not be heard as well as others, or whom cannot speak for themselves, should have a voice to speak for them. And that includes the unborn. God is the Creator of all, and all have something valuable to give to the world.

Now for of those whom will argue for those whom were rapped and/or victims of incest...I am fortunate that I can only imagine what that must be like, and the pain that is associated with that...but even that life has something valuable to offer to the world. Adoption is a choice.

That said, I would not/could not fault a woman for making the choice to end the pregnancy in those cases. I do not think abortion should be illegal-lized, and I do NOT think women should be seen as hardened criminals for making a choice they felt was best for them. I may not agree with their decision, but that is not for me, or anyone else to judge.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall

First Post

Today's Gratefuls