Abortion Opinion & Graditudes

Okay, so wow! It's been awhile since I've blogged! Life got in the way. First of all, may I begin with all the abortion laws going into effect in so many Southern states. I hate it! I disagree with it. As a Christian Catholic, I do believe that abortion is morally and ethically wrong. I do not believe that abortion should be used as a form of birth control, sex selection, and/or as a, 'this child has special needs, can't handle that.' I do believe, however, that these new laws need to include cases of rape and incest as exceptions. I feel the fact that they do not is wrong. I would probably be more on board with these new laws if it did, but as is....wrong, wrong, wrong. And Alabama's new law is just plain too strict.

My new stance on abortion...the above listed, in regards to the moral and ethical issues surrounding it, but that it needs to b-conservative e legal. Abortion is not right, but it needs to remain legal for said issues in the way where the situation was/is (life of the mother) beyond the woman's control. We should not be criminalizing women for making a decision they feel is right for them (regardless of how we feel about that decision) or doctors for doing a job for which they, more than likely, feel is worthwhile doing. We do not know the circumstances behind each case, and we should not judge. Only God can be the judge on such complexities, and that day will come for each and every one of them, as it does for us all.

And also, do any of these states care about the child, and/or the mothers, once the child is born? I have heard nothing about that. Most of the laws for which have been signed seem to be from Southern, politically-Conservative states....What about Pre-K, or breakfast before school, aid to help the mothers care for their children because they were blessed enough to not have complications to themselves during pregnancy, hence made to carry their children to term? What about that? I have heard nothing about that; but I digress.

My  graditudes:

1.)That I do not live down South.

2.)For the nice long walk I took

3.)For the sun being out.

4.)To be able to watch the Twins' game, as I write.

5.)To have gotten some reading in earlier.

6.)For the kitties

7.)For my coffee this morning, and my Bloody Mary that I am about to have, shortly.

8.)For my wonderfully loving & protective Irish dad, on this Father's Day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall

First Post

Today's Gratefuls